Monday, September 26, 2011

My Unforgettable Divisoria Experience

Yes! It's Sunday, finally I can go out from my box and feel the ambiance of the city once again. Most of all it's God's day, time to worship and give some time back to him. The only day that I'm really looking forward to during the week especially if it's a Sunday without work coz it allow me to stroll around malls and cheap markets, fit and haggle and visit some of my favorite dining place. I really love Sunday!

Yesterday was the last Sunday of September and was my very first scary and traumatic Sunday experienced ever! Since its my off in my part-time job I decided go to Divisoria Mall/Tutuban Mall after church. But before going to my desired destination I made a quick stop at the Michaela Botique to have a quick look of their new arrivals. New ones was not catchy enough so I then proceed to Tutuban mall where I swiftly found a pair of yellow thongs next to the entrance. It's a Havaianas brand worth 50 pesos, cheap right? sadly they have no stocks left for size 8! Not lucky enough ...Anyway I keep walking and have found a lot of good stuff  inside but didn't bought a lot back home. :D It gives me a good feeling though, relieved from stress and everything. After hours of walking my feet get tired so I decided to go home, the weather was pretty hot outside since its past 2 in the afternoon. Still there's a lot of people shopping so in order for me to get to the tricycle area I have to squeeze myself in the crowd. I arrived at the tricycle area full of sweat so I didn't bother haggling with the drivers which I'm used to, I just asked how much would it cost me going to the LRT station. The driver said twenty, I was surprise coz it should be around 30-60 pesos, so I asked again, and again and again...and I always get the same answer, "twenty" so I hop in, I'm happy with the driver offering a cheap fare so I ready fifty instead. Half our way to the LRT I noticed that aside from me and the driver there's another person at the driver's back seat and not long enough after I saw him, that person asked me for my fare, according to him he will get it because they have to get a gasoline so I happily give the fifty BUT when they got it they then both said its two hundred twenty. I told them I asked the driver a couple of times and he told me its twenty but they keep on telling me it's 220, then they slightly stop to a crowd less area telling me I have to pay 220, I got mad and told them they are fooling me, and that if I'd pay 220  then I should have get a taxi, then I told them to just get the 50 and I will just ride a jeepney but they turn on the engine quickly and go back to the road then tell me again it's 220, I was really scared and angry. Not far from where we first stop they stop again and urge me to pay because they can't go any further with the reason that there's a cop in the intersection, I get my other wallet and show them that aside from the fifty I only have few twenties and coins left on me and told them if they will get it I can't go home, then the driver said just give us another 30, so I said fine but drop me off at the LRT not here. On our way to the LRT the stoplight suddenly turn red and our position was close to the cop, I waited for the police to look to our direction but unfortunately he's busy talking to a hot chick, I told the tricycle driver that I'll be fine there but they did not listen to me and quickly cross the intersection and drop me off  there, how lame that the police did not even notice that  someone didn't follow the traffic lights. I don't really know what's exactly the purpose of our policemen why most of them are on the roads during weekends but are very few during weekdays. And I do not understand why I can't even find any complain centers near the area. That's it, those guys made my Sunday so unforgettable for how many years being in the area and being in the city it was my first time feeling threatened and scared. 

It's ber months guys and Christmas is fast approaching, millions of Filipinos will surely flock in divisoria by then, if you are reading this and you know a friend who would be going there, spread the word and warn them  from riding those tricycles under the overpass area or in any part of Divisoria especially if they are alone, better ride a jeep or taxi. 










No comments:

Post a Comment